Sunday, September 20, 2009

NYC


We could see it in the distance and as we got closer and closer I got more and more excited.

We sailed into New York City today and I am totally at a loss for words. I am ecstatic because we are in NYC, and proud that we have made it this far, delighted that it’s another beautiful summer-like day, and eager to explore.

After we snagged a mooring ball at 79th street Yacht Basin, which was a feat in this 3 knot current, we decided to go ashore and take in the sights. We walked past the home of the late John Lennon and when we were walking around central park we stumbled across the John Lennon memorial, which having been a huge fan thrilled me to no end.

Tomorrow we plan to go back in and check out some more sights. Having come this far we think we might treat ourselves to another day hear.

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled for you both. You must see ground zero if you can, and let me know what your thoughts are. Did you see the big green lady? Looking forward to your pics. We miss you and are praying for you each day.
    Later..... Greg <><

    ReplyDelete