Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Picutred above:
1. View of Atlantis from the anchorage
2. Marg and Steve
3. Harley and I

Happy New Year!!!!!

Nassau is a big commercial port and probably not like the rest of the Bahamas but it's definitely worth seeing.

To explore the area we started with a walking tour of the city. After we took a trip to the beach. To get there we walked through the grounds of the fabulous Atlantis resort and it was like walking through Disney World....very commercial and fake but absolutely stunning to say the least. The beach was beautiful and very clean but not what we had envisioned for the Bahamas, but then again this isn't the real Bahamas.

Last night was amazing being New Years Eve and let me just say, this town knows how to party. The party started at midnight with an astounding fireworks display and then Junkanoo started. Junkanoo is a festival similar to mardi gras and it goes all night and all day. We stayed until we could barely stand up any more and at 6:30am we left. It's been a very long time since I last pulled an all nighter, and I'm paying for it today, but I'm glad I went. I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment