Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bucksport to Five Fathom Creek

November 10th.

The sky has clouded over and shortly after we set off today the rain came but, rain or not, the Waccama River is very pretty. We travelled the Waccama River for half the day until the I.C.W took a 90 degree right turn into the marsh. If I didn’t know any better I would swear we were in the Florida everglades. I have a keen eye out for alligators but so far haven’t seen any.

We are anchored in the reeds right now with nothing to protect us from the weather but they’re not calling for any hazardous weather overnight so here’s hoping “they” are right. We’re keeping our fingers and toes crossed just in case. It’s an eerie feeling, and to make it even more eerie, right now as I write this, I can hear fish nibbling at the hull of our boat.

Pictures:
1. Waccama River
2. In the marshes.

No comments:

Post a Comment